- Kentucky falls to 27-2, 12-2 SEC on the season. Tennessee improves to 21-7, 9-5.
- UK is 143-66 against the Volunteers and 51-47 against UT in Knoxville.
- Kentucky will be in action again Wednesday in its final true road game of the season at Georgia. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. with the game being televised on the SEC Network.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the 21 st time this season. Kentucky is 19-1 with that starting five.
- DeAndre Liggins was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was Liggins’ eighth time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 740 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- The Wildcats were held scoreless for over four minutes from the 16:47 mark to 11:22 mark in the first half.
- Kentucky trailed (40-29) at the half for only the second time in league play this season. The 11-point deficit was UK’s largest halftime deficit this season.
- UK shot a season low 24.1 percent (7-for-29) in the first half.
- Kentucky trailed by 19 (54-35) at the 14:05 mark, its largest deficit of the season. The Wildcats then outscored the Vols 30-11 to tie the game at 65-65 at the 2:09 mark.
- The Wildcats shot 9.1 percent (2-of-22) from three-point range, its lowest of the season and lowest since shooting 8.7 percent (2-of-23) against Miami in the 2009 season.
- UK shot 77.8 percent from the free throw line (21-of-27), its highest percentage from the line since shooting 89.5 percent (17-of-19) against Drexel.
- The Wildcats were outscored in the paint (42-36) for only the third time this season.
Individual game notes
- Has hit a three-pointer in four straight games.
#11 John Wall
- Finished with 19 points, six assists and five rebounds.
- Moved to second on UK’s all-time freshman scoring list with 469 points.
- Went 7-of-8 from the free throw line and is averaging 6.5 made free throws in last six games.
#15 DeMarcus Cousins
- Broke the UK all-time freshman scoring record with 470 points.
- Moved to second on UK’s freshman free throw list with 135.
- Recorded his 18 th double-double of the season.
- Pulled down double-digit rebounds for the 19 th time this season.
#24 Eric Bledsoe
- Finished with five rebounds, the most since pulling down five boards at LSU.
- Moved to within nine points of 18 th on UK’s all-time scoring list with 1,452 points.
- Scored in double-digits for the fifth straight game and has done so in eight of the last nine games.